- School Info
- Grades & Important Links
- Skyward – Registration and Grades
- Fees and District Forms
- PGJHS Media Center
- Pioneer Online Library
- Substitute Caller (For Teachers)
- Suicide Prevention Slideshow
- PGJHS Tip Line
- Polices & Procedures
Announcements for February 26, 2015
Good morning, Vikings! Today for lunch you can choose from Chicken Fried Steak & Potatoes/Gravy, Chef Salad, Rib-a-Que Sandwich, Chicken Patty Sandwich, or Pizza. This announcement is for 8th and 9th Graders who are interested in trying out for the Vikettes Drill Team. There is a Drill Team Boot Camp on March 14th. Please come to the Front Office to pick up a flyer with more information. Do you like to read? The next Book Café will be March 3 in Mrs. Baltich’s room after school. Don’t miss it! Do you like to meet new people? Would you enjoy showing new students around the school? Would you like to have a leadership experience on your job application? If you answered YES to all these questions, then pick up an application to be a PAL, Peer Advisory Leader, for next year from the Guidance Center. Applicants must have a 3.5 GPA or higher, with good attendance and citizenship. Applications must be turned in to the Guidance Ctr by Friday, March 6th. This is a very important announcement for all members of FBLA so listen carefully. The $15 registration fee is due TODAY for the State Competition Conference in Heber. The fee is $15 and you need to pay it in the finance office and take the receipt and signed permission slip immediately to Mrs. Twiggs. We have to be registered and paid online by this morning, No exception! If you don’t pay or have this turned in, you won’t be able to go. Hey Vikings! It is time to celebrate CTE Month with our Black Light Dance. Everyone who is passing all their classes is welcome to join us in the Boys Gym on Friday during FLEX for our Black Light Dance. Wear white or neon colors so you glow in the black lights! This announcement is for all students planning on taking the Advanced Musical Theatre class next year. Auditions are set for March 10th and 11th after school in the drama room. Come pick up your audition packet from Mrs. Porter in the Drama room. TSA members make sure to get your form and fees turned in by Friday if you want to go to State Competition on March 17th. The PGJH T-shirt forms are in the office, buy your own shirt for $5.50. This is the last week we will be selling them, so turn in your form and money to the Finance Office right away! The Trivia question for this week is . What is the outside layer of the moon called? . . . . You can submit your answer in the Media Center. Our Viking Value of the Week is Empathy. Empathy is the ability to sense other people’s emotions, coupled with the ability to imagine what someone else might be thinking or feeling. Empathy helps you understand other people and show compassion. Have an Amazing Thursday Vikings! Teachers, please have a student lead your class in the Pledge of Allegiance at this time.
Important Dates and Things to Remember
- Third Term ends Friday, March 20th.
- 9th into 10th Registration: High School Counselors will come to our school on March 30th and 31st during the students’ World Civ Class and talk about how to register online, parents are invited, will be in auditorium. There will also be a meeting for parents giving the same information on April 14th in the HIGH SCHOOL Choir Room, 6:00pm or 7:00pm (choose one). The online Registration Portal (through Skyward) will open on April 16th at 3:30pm. The students will have to be logged in with their own student Skyward login and password (cannot be logged in as a parent).
- Follow us on Twitter for announcements, events, and information. @PGJuniorHS