- School Info
- Grades & Important Links
- Skyward – Registration and Grades
- Fees and District Forms
- PGJHS Media Center
- Pioneer Online Library
- Substitute Caller (For Teachers)
- Suicide Prevention Slideshow
- PGJHS Tip Line
- Polices & Procedures
- Shop Amazon
Parents, we need your help!
The PGJHS Guidance Center is conducting an online Needs Assessment and wants your feedback. The information you provide is vital for us to address the changing and varied needs of our students and implement effective programs to meet those needs. The assessment consists of 24 questions and takes approximately five to six minutes to complete. Click on the link below, or cut and paste it into your browser for 24-hour access. Thank you for your participation!
May 3, 2016. Good morning Vikings! Today for lunch you can choose from Hawaiian Haystacks, Chef Salad, Hot Dog, Chicken Sandwich, Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, Pepperoni, or Cheese Pizza. Congratulations to our 8th Grade Vikings of the Week! . . . exemplifies Self-Discipline. He is amazing at staying caught up on his work. When he has been absent, he is usually in my classroom first thing in the morning asking about what he missed and what he needs to do. It is impressive to me because he could be doing so many other things in the morning before school starts. . . . has a great Attitude. There are many different aspects of . . . attitude that I am impressed by. One is his friendly nature. He always seems to have a smile on his face. Another trait is that he often comes up after class and thanks me for the lesson or activity that we have done that day. It is seldom that a student shows gratitude for what a teacher does. It is something I appreciate and will never forget. . . .please come to the Front Office for your award. Great job to our track team we had an amazing season and finished it out with some great performances at Alpine Days. Alpine days results are posted in the girls gym! We will have our closing track party this Thursday at Jack and Jill’s bowling in AF 3:30-5:00 PM. (you must provide your own transportation) You can bring your uniform to the party as your ticket in or if you cannot make it, you can turn it in to Coach Benson or Coach Peaslee. Great job Vikings! All FCCLA, FBLA and TSA members, please remember to turn in your permission form to attend our Spring Carnival and Bubble Soccer Tournament by TOMORROW, May 4 if you want to attend. Turn them in to your adviser by May 4! Then come join us on Friday, May 6 right after school for carnival food, booths, and Bubble Soccer competition between the clubs! Remember bring your permission slip by this Wednesday, May 4! Hey 9th Grade Boys, if you are interested in trying out for next year’s High School Golf team, you need to attend a player/parent meeting TOMORROW at 5:30pm at the High School Cafeteria. FCCLA members, please join us this Thursday night May 5 at 6pm in the auditorium for our Awards Gala! Everyone is receiving an award, so make sure you come and bring your family & friends! Refreshments will be served! All library books are due on Friday, May 6th. Come to Book Cafe TODAY, May 3rd at 3:00 in Mrs. Bullock’s room (next to the library). Our student Art Show will run May 2 through the 11 at doTERRA. A reception will be held at doTERRA on Wednesday, the 11th of May at 5:00pm to help you get to know the high school art teachers and honor the participants. All are welcome to come and see the beautiful student art work. Hey 9th Graders, the Lagoon trip is coming up on the last week of school. To be able to go to Lagoon you cannot have any sluffs for 4th term, you cannot have any failing grades, and you cannot have any major discipline issues. More information about the cost and details will be coming soon. Our Viking Value of the Week is Respect. Respect means a feeling or show of honor for someone or something. Respect is important because it shows that one values another as an individual, and that he honors the personal rights and dignity of the person as a fellow human being. People who are disrespectful often have few friends and alliances, and others do not enjoy being near them. Making good friends and warding off enemies is simpler when a person shows respect for others. Have a Terrific Tuesday Vikings!! Teachers, please have a student lead your class in the Pledge of Allegiance at this time.
- Tues, May 17–Extended Flex Bell Schedule. Click here for bell schedule.
- Tues, May 24—Extended Flex Bell Schedule. Click Here for bell schedule. 9th Grade Awards Assembly during A1, 7th Grade Awards Assembly during A2, 7th Grade party during extended flex (for 7th Graders with a colored FLEX slip).
- Wed, May 25–9th Grade students going to Lagoon will leave at 9:00am and return around 5:15pm (see slider above for cost and permission slip). 8th Grade Awards Assembly during B2. For all 8th graders who passed all 7th and 8th grade classes, a completion party will be held for students only at PGJR from 7:30-9:30pm.
- Thurs, May 26–A/B Day Modified Bell Schedule for Yearbook Distribution (see slider above for purchase information). Click here for A/B Day Bell Schedule.
- Fri, May 27–Last day of school 8:15-10:00am. Students will stay in B1.
- Registration for next year: 6th into 7th registered in March, 7th into 8th registered in January, 8th into 9th registered in February, and 9th into 10th registered in April. If you still need to register your student for Junior High next year, please call our Guidance Center at 801-610-8147.
- Follow us on Twitter for announcements, events, and information. [email protected]
- Like us on Facebook for announcements, events, and information. Facebook.com/pgjrh